Holiday greetings in Spanish - happy new year merry Christmas etc.
OK, the holiday mood is on and the blogging mood is off, so I'll take advantage of the former to provide a quick list of the greetings that one can use at Christmas and New Year's:
1. ¡Feliz Navidad! - Merry Christmas! (GB: Happy Christmas!)
2. ¡Feliz Año Nuevo! - Happy New Year!
3. ¡Felices fiestas! - Happy holidays!
4. ¡Felices pascuas! - Happy holidays!
5. ¡Feliz Navidad y próspero Año Nuevo! - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Note: in conversation - and frequently used as a goodbye phrase - number two is often abbreviated as "¡Feliz Año!".